Marking Season


Hello everyone. Just stopping by to say I'm going to have to take a break from blogging for a week or two as I'm drowning in a pile of marking. I hope the guy doing my flat inspection tomorrow isn't expecting it to be clean...


Caffeinated beverages are very important to me when marking. And the rest of the time.


I have, during this time of intense stress and eye strain, become quite addicted to Pinterest, largely because it's completely visual, which is a great relief after trying to read student handwriting for six hours. My page is here. I know the number of social networking sites around is getting silly, but so far this one really does seem worth a look. Maybe it's just 'cause I've always enjoyed sticking things on corkboards.

Anyway, while I get red pen all over my fingers and then rub my face, please enjoy these highlights from the archives! In honour of the exam season, I herewith present my posts on the most over-examined non-Classical author in history - Shakespeare.

Julius Caesar
Julius Caesar (TV)
Hamlet
Romeo + Juliet
Coriolanus

And, because you haven't really experienced Shakespeare until you've heard it in the original Klingon:
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

I'll be back soon (I hope!) :)

Comments

  1. I WANT YOUR MUG!!!

    and good luck with the marking! Hope you manage to get rid of the red ink stains on your fingers by the end of it... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Christmas present - or possibly a birthday present - in undergrad :)

    Thanks :) My fingers look like they're bleeding - I hope it's just the pen...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abandon hope, all ye who start marking papers of students here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks Pop Culture trivia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment